It’s probably not a good idea to head into a telecom negotiation or RFP without training or the aid of a telecom consultant. Here’s a list of ways a telecom consultant can help:
- Save Time – You have better things to do with your time than to use it to conduct Request for Proposals (RFPs). Telecom consultants can help you prepare the RFP, determine which carriers should participate, evaluate the proposals, review providers presentations and make a final selection. The process is time consuming and taking short cuts can cost you big time. When you might conduct one of these once every three years, consultants conduct them on a regular basis and have discovered efficiencies that can help streamline the process.
- Save Money – Working with a telecom consultant won’t cost you money – it will save you money. It’s always a good idea to remove yourself from a negotiation if you have a personal stake in its outcome. This is why actors and athletes use agents. Telecom consultants know what’s possible – price wise – and can pit carriers, like AT&T, Verizon and CenturyLink, against each other to achieve market-leading rates for voice, data, MPLS, SIP and other telecom services.
- Technology Expertise – The telecom industry is always changing. Telephone company account managers receive weeks of training each year. Unless your title has “telecom” or “information technology” in it, you aren’t going to possess the level of expertise necessary to conduct a fully effective telecom RFP. The alternative is relying on carrier reps for information, which is equivalent to letting a wolf guard your chickens. Telecom consultants know what technologies work and which ones to avoid.
- Industry Knowledge – For every different telecom service, there are at least ten different carrier choices. Telecom consultants can help you steer clear of carriers with poor service records or who are on shaky financial ground. They can also help you avoid missing out on an excellent provider that you might not have heard of.
- Carrier and Service Agnostic – Sales reps from telephone companies are going to tell you what they want you to hear. They’re also going to suppress information regarding any of their company’s shortcomings. Telecom consultants can provide you with all the information necessary to make a smart decision.
CarrierBid telecom consulting services can help you save time, money and shield yourself from the hassle of working directly with carrier sales reps. Contact CarrierBid today for a free consultation. Find out how easy it is to work with a CarrierBid professional on your side.