If your company has gone through the process of conducting a RFP for a Multi Protocol Label Switching network and then decided on a provider for services, what happens next? MPLS is a sophisticated service that requires synchronizing the installation of a number of circuits, at multiple locations, that work in unison other voice and data services and equipment.
The following is the way CarrierBid conducts Multi Protocol Label Switching installations:
The CarrierBid project management team will engage the carrier representatives and your company’s IT and telecom people during the planning phase. Your priorities will be identified during the planning phase and will drive the scheduling and implementation.
The planning phase:
- Detailed design and technical review.
- Create a detailed list of roles and responsibilities for all involved parties.
- Establish a Change Management Plan. This plan outlines methods to review and approve change requests.
- Creation of Communication Plan. This plan includes regular meeting schedules, agreements on project documentation preparation, escalation procedures and project reporting structures.
- Development of Cutover Plan. This plan details the steps required and personnel needed to transition to the new carrier services.
After the Project Plan is approved, the installation will commence with the placement of network and equipment orders. You’re expected to assist in coordination of circuit installation. Network and equipment testing will be conducted prior to cutover. Your Project Manager will maintain an Outstanding Issues Log to ensure the accountability of team members, and to assure that open issues are followed through to completion.
The Cutover Plan was created during the planning phase of the project and it outlined all the tasks required to transition to your new network services. This plan identifies each party necessary to make the conversion. Your Project Manager will coordinate conversion schedules with the carrier, vendors, and your personnel so cutover will occur when you specified. Contingency plans are established in the event that prior service needs to be restored.
The Cutover Plan includes testing procedures for your new services and CarrierBid will work with you to determine the level of post-cutover support you require.
Upon completion of the installation your CarrierBid Project Manager will review the first invoice for each new service to verify accuracy.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Primary point of contact.
- Track and coordinate equipment orders.
- Prepare project timelines.
- Schedule regular project meetings.
- Prepare project status reports.
- Coordinate CarrierBid responsibilities.
- Resolve issues and problems.
- Cutover support.
- Coordinate post-cutover completion.
- Provide access to facilities during working hours.
- Provide grounded power circuit(s) for the equipment.
- Local contact info for each installation site. That individual is responsible to provide access to the site and to accept service.
If you would like to receive more information on Multi Protocol Label Switching or any CarrierBid telecom consulting service, please complete the web form on the right side of this page.